Casona Río Fortuna is a traditional country estate located in the La Fortuna / Arenal Volcano area that aims to let visitors experience the genuine and peaceful way of country life in Costa Rica.
Located in the rural surroundings of the Arenal Volcano yet only 7 km from La Fortuna, Casona Río Fortuna is surrounded by green pastures, plantations, woodland, tropical gardens and the Fortuna River.
Let the folks at Rio Fortuna share with you the culture, traditions, and the way of life in the country on a unique journey combining the beauty of nature and encounters with the local population for an unforgettable learning experience.
Tour activities include:
- Typical lunch at Casona Río Fortuna, prepared on original wood stove and served the traditional way
- Introduction to Casona Río Fortuna and its rich history
- Stroll through the surrounding orchard, kitchen and flower gardens
- Preparation of Tico-style coffee and traditional corn tortillas
- Excursion on a comfortable, tractor-drawn trailer with rooftop across plantations of pineapple, papaya, plantain, and cassava
- Meeting the owner family of a local farm at their authentic country house
- Visit of the rural settlement of Sonafluca
- Presentation of local folk dances performed by students of a local middle school.
- Transportation from hotel in la Fortuna.
The morning departures include lunch, whereas departures in the afternoon initiate with lunch. Both departures include the same activities, but the sequence varies.
Departs: 8:30 a.m. and 12.30 from Casona Río Fortuna
Returns: 12:30 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. to Casona Río Fortuna
Price per Person: $150.00 USD
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish